Facebook! photo view

The new Facebook photo view has really brought live to how you view photo's on Facebook
some like it, some hate it.

for me it was an instant upgrade from that old photo view mode, now i can easily return to my will with just pressing close. no need to load my wall again....
I also like the black background that fades out the wall.

Here's what some users said on lockergnome.net :

I don't think it's any "faster" per say, I think it's about the same as far as loading is concerned. I think they just wanted to simply "change" something, so they chose to change that. No different that viewing photos before other than now you have a black background behind it. Big deal.
For me it's much buggier. Speed hasn't improved, just Facebook being Facebook I guess!
what do you think?